I hope you have all been dandy! The weather here in Toronto has been SO nice lately, its actually been feeling like spring! I’m so ready for spring now 🙂 –Note: as I edit this, the weather here actually isn’t that great…lol.
Today I’ll be swatching and reviewing the newly released ColourPop Pressed Powder Eyeshadows! When these first released, I ordered quite a few shades in various formulas to truly test them out.
ColourPop is known for their Super Shock Shadows that come in a little jar and has a creamy consistency. I love Super Shock Shadows, but storing them can sometimes be a pain as they are meant to stay in the jar it comes in.
These new pressed powders can be stored in a magnetic palette – and if you order four shadows, you get a palette to put them in! The palettes come with four slots as you can see above, but I took it apart and just kept the magnetic strip at the bottom so I could store more shadows in one palette!
I did purchase the Hi-Maitenance quad as you see above, but I ended up mixing the four shades with the individual ones I bought for convenience!
Top Row (L-R): Piece of Cake, Fire Fly, Goody Two-Shoes
Bottom Row (L-R): Hear Me Out, Silver Lining
From Top to Bottom:
- Piece of Cake (Matte): This shade is described as a dusty indigo, which is very true! It is so blue it almost looks purple. I love how this royal blue swatched – it was the just one I touched and it had a bit of pick up but it blends like a dream!
- Fire Fly (Matte): This colour is EVERYTHING! It honestly looks super boring in the pan and I was very close to not getting it but I’m so glad I did! It definitely is a pale shade but with almost a beige/mauve tint to it. I definitely feel like I’m going to use this a ton!
- Goody Two-Shoes (Metallic): This steel black/grey shade is super pretty! I definitely feel like I have tons of these shades in my collection though – so this could be a good alternative for some people since these are so affordable!
- Hear Me Out (Matte) : This is your basic transition shade – super nice, but nothing special!
- Silver Lining (Matte): This is a super nice matte purple shade! It isn’t straight up purple, it has a mauve-ness to it haha!
Top Row (L-R): Note to Self, Running Late, Paper Tiger
Bottom Row (L-R): Save it for Later, Lost and Found
From Top to Bottom:
- Note to Self (Matte): An awesome warm brown shade that I think everyone honestly needs to darken any look!
- Running Late (Matte): This weird tinge of orange is actually a really gorgeous shade! I can totally see myself blending this in the crease to make my look warmer. Very unique!
- Paper Tiger (Matte): This shade definitely didn’t transfer well on camera – this is a bold mustard shade, but from this picture it looks way more muddy!
- Lost & Found (Matte): Funny story…I actually lost this eyeshadow for like a week and was scrambling to find it. I ended up ordering it again with my next haul and then I found it later on haha! So I guess that means a giveaway is in store 😉
Top Row (L-R): Bel-Air, Liar Liar, High Strung
Bottom Row (L-R): Popular Demand, Let Me Explain
From Top to Bottom:
- Bel-Air (Matte): Definitely more of a cool taupe shade and its for sure needed to enhance an eye look 🙂
- Liar, Liar (Metallic): This metallic pink shade is beautiful on the lid! Its super pigmented and makes any look brighten up! I’m obsessed with this shade!
- High Strung (Metallic): This shade is one of my favourites! It has a bit of a rose gold pigment to it and it is sooo intense!
- Popular Demand (Matte): This shade is definitely brown but has red tones in it as well. I definitely think this could be somewhat similar to Cherry Cola by Makeup Geek, but I think MUG is darker than this.
- Let Me Explain (Metallic): I think this is your standard pale yellowish shade that you’ll find in most palettes. This shade is super pigmented though and definitely packs a punch!
Top Row (L-R): Get Out, Made To Last, Wake Up Call
Bottom Row (L-R): Come And Get It, Stay Golden
From Top to Bottom:
- Get Out (Matte): When I first read this shade, I sang the song Leave (Get Out) in my head – okay maybe out loud – but then I saw the lyrics referenced on Colour Pop’s side and didn’t feel so dumb! Hahaha. This rusty cranberry shade is super gorgeous. I don’t necessarily feel that it is super unique, but it definitely blends out well and is worth the $5!
- Made To Last (Matte): This shade is another one of my favourites. Its like the perfect taupe shade with a hint of mauve that just makes my heart all warm
- Come & Get It (Metallic): WhEn YoU’Re ReAdY cOmE & gEt It nananananana…haha! This is a beautiful rose gold duo-chrome shade with hints of yellow reflects. Love it! I definitely think this can be a dupe for a lot of other expensive pink shades out there…:) get it? expensive pink? MAC? Ok, cool.
- Stay Golden (Matte): Okay, first off- why is this shade called Stay Golden when it is most definitely a reddish cranberry/raspberry?! This does not make sense to me. It is a beautiful shade though haha.
Top Row (L-R): Game Changer, Time Out, Sideline
Middle Row (L-R): Take The Lead, Up And Up, Team Captain
Bottom Row (L-R): Checkmate
From Top to Bottom:
- Game Changer (Metallic): I really, really like this colour! It has a mix between a light green and silver. So gorgeous and really pigmented 🙂 I can see myself using this for a more natural look but also using it for a dramatic look if I used a darker crease colour or something. Super pretty and versatile!
- Time Out (Metallic): This is a nice peach shade but it honestly isn’t my favourite…and there isn’t a true reason for it either haha. I just thought it would be more bolder!
- Sideline (Metallic): LOVE this colour! It is definitely duo-chrome as well. It has a brown-green look to it and I love how pigmented this shade is! I have a feeling I have something similar to this shade though, but nonetheless it is amazing!
- Take The Lead (Matte): This is a deep grey shade and I was really surprised how pigmented it was. It also was not patchy whatsoever! I find a lot of really dark matte shades in general tend to look a bit patchy but this one really surprised me in a good way!
- Up And Up (Metallic): I have so much love for this shade…this is a green and teal duo-chrome and it is so beautiful. I wish I wore green eyeshadow more haha!
- Team Captain (Matte): ColourPop describes this as a ‘deep olive’ shade…which I guess I agree, but if you really pack it on, it almost looks pretty black.
- Checkmate (Matte): This shade wasn’t as pigmented as a lot of the other mattes I’ve tried in this haul and to be honest, I’m not sure when I would even use this shade. It’s nice, but I wouldn’t say this would be a staple shade by any means.
AHH I’m sorry this review is so long. Is it too long? Tell me in the comments haha.
Overall, I really love these shadows. They are affordable, pigmented and I love how you can store them in your own palettes or use the one ColourPop gives you! I did find that a lot of shades kick up product but they blend beautifully. I didn’t find there was a lot of fall out on my actual eyes though. The kick up kind of reminds me of the Anastasia Renaissance/Mario Palette to reference!
In my second haul, I accidentally purchased FOUR of the same shades I already had…(is this a clue I have too much makeup? Or I just don’t pay attention?). That may be unlucky for my wallet BUT it may be lucky for you because I will be giving four shadows away with the palette! 🙂
What You Will Win:
- ColourPop Pressed Powders in:
- You Know The Drill
- Lost and Found
- Cute Alert
- Silver Lining
- ColourPop Empty Eyeshadow Palette (to store the shadows!)
- Some other goodies I have up my sleeve 😉
- Must be following my Instagram account (@xxojess_)
- Must be following my blog (You can subscribe via e-mail on the right side of my page, or through WordPress!)
- Comment down below: If you were on a deserted island and could only have three makeup items….what would they be? [Obviously necessities would be provided so don’t be all ‘I’d have water omg not makeup! lol]
- To also answer the question myself – definitely an eyebrow pencil (with a spoolie lol) specifically Anastasia Brow Wiz, under eye concealer (probably Too Faced Born This Way), and mascara! If lip balm counts though, then disregard mascara because this girl needs her lips lookin’ luscious.
- Giveaway is international!
- Giveaway will end next Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 11pm EST
Good luck! 🙂