Hi, hello! 🙂
I hope you are all doing well! I survived the first day of my new job! There’s sooo much information to learn, but I am hopeful it will be a good journey in the end!
Today I’m starting a new makeup collection series where I share particular products in a line from a brand! I’ll hopefully be doing this more in the future if you all like it, so please leave your kind constructive feedback in the comments if you like this series or not! 🙂
MAC Cosmetics is one is my favourite brands, and one of the products I’ve collected over some time are the Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolors. The formula of these liquid lipsticks is amazing – they are opaque, pigmented and wear super comfortably on the lips for numerous hours. The wand is also really awesome- I love how the doe-foot applicator comes to a thin point at the end that allows for comfortable precision. They also have a really nice colour range, and I even hope to add more to my collection soon!
From left to right: Dash O’ Spice, Burnt Spice, Preferentially Yours, Lady-Be-Good, Back In Vogue
From top to bottom:
- Dash O’ Spice: MAC describes this as a yellow beige which I agree with. It kind of looks like baby food or puke…but in an odd pleasant way? I never thought I’d say that haha! It definitely is an interesting and unique shade – one I’d personally rather wear on my eyes than my lips, but it is definitely different!
- Burnt Spice: This is one of my favourite shades – it is the perfect mauvey-rose colour that compliments everyone in my opinion. If you are looking for a shade to try in this line, I would 110% recommend this shade – you cannot go wrong!
- Preferentially Yours: This is a MAC Select shade only available to Select Members. I really like this shade – I think it honestly looks better on the lips than it looks swatched on my arm. It is a darker rose shade that gives that pop of colour to any look.
- Lady-Be-Good: Another one of my favourites! This is one of my favourite nude shades as it has just enough warmness in it 🙂 This is one of those ‘always in my purse’ colours!
- Back In Vogue: A beautiful nude shade with peach. I like this a lot more than I expected to, and it actually looks really stunning on the lips!
From Left to Right: Ess-Presso, Flesh Stone, So Me, Topped With Brandy, Cafe Au Chic, Simply Smoked
From Top to Bottom:
- Ess-Presso: This shade is a really deep, chocolate brown and it looks a tad darker swatched than it does in the tube. This isn’t my favourite shade out of the bunch and is my least worn one.
- Flesh Stone: This shade has a lot of grey in it, which i feel is pretty on trend at the moment. It is a beautiful shade that is unique yet in my opinion still wearable. I really applaud MAC for creating such different shades!
- So Me: This shade is SO0O0O me (says every girl haha). No, but seriously…this shade is actually so me haha!! I really, really enjoy this shade and I think it is one of MAC’s most popular colours from this Retro Matte line.
- Topped With Brandy: A bit darker than So Me. It is another one of my favourites….I see a pattern in terms of my favourite here lol. Apparently I like rose/mauve shades.
- Cafe Au Chic: A darker version of Flesh Stone in my opinion, and a bit more wearable! If Flesh Stone is out of your comfort zone but you still want to try something in the grey range, I would totally suggest this one 🙂
- Simply Smoked: MAC describes this shade as a brown taupe, which I think is spot on. It isn’t my most worn shade, but again, I think MAC deserves some credit for coming out with a cool shade like this.
Have you tried the Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor line yet? What shade stands out to you?!